So it has been a while....again. I guess I don't have a future as a professional blogger. Oh well.
Since my last post I got to spend 2 weeks in Shirati (up near the Kenya border) helping with Brian's project (another MCC SALTer) by helping build a 20 000L water tank. It was a .JPG)
great experiance and I am now, amoung my variety of new skills, much more proficient in mixing cement! I have tryed uploading some pictures..the formatting could be better but I have been working on reports with pictures and am tired of formatting pictures so...this is how it will stay. You may note that instead of using a trowel (we didn't have enough the first day) I decide do use rubber gloves to put cement up inside the tank. It was surprisingly effective.You may also notice that the first picture of the tank is a bit of a funny shaped. This is because it collapsed...we were within 10 minutes of finishing the first layer of cement (had been working all day). Fortunately we only lost 3 days of work and 2 bags of cement in the process and no one was hurt. The last picture is the final tank(after months of delays and many challenges including stolen equipment). Now I am writing up some reports and then will try to figure out a plan for the rest of my time here. I will also try to come up with some other things to write about. I think I must be getting more used to life here as less things are striking me as strange/things I need to write about. It took until someone else pointed them out for me to notice such common place events as a man walking along a road (not in or near a city) with a coffee table on his head or 3 bikes with cages full of live chickens in the back going down the highway.
On a differnt note, I am arriving home of the 27th of July so only 3 months left of this adventure. Then...well who knows what next. This stresses me out a bit but as I tell everyone here when they ask about when I will get married, if I will come back, how many children I will have or any of a variety of questions on my future...."Mungu anajua" or in English God knows. To which they always reply "ni kweli" or in English "it is true". That is something I am learning from people here...to trust that Mungu anajua.
No comments:
Post a Comment